To kick things off, Bill and Rob introduce the first segment of the podcast - SIGHTINGS OF RADICAL BRILLIANCE - which, as the name implies, is the part of the show where they discuss the latest news of noteworthy innovation and acts of sheer genius. In this episode, they dive into a recent story around Elon Musk’s brain-to-computer interface and what this means for the legal space.
In the next segment - the guest speaker segment - our co-hosts are joined by Karl Sobylak, Senior Product Manager at Lighthouse, to uncover the answers the following questions around AI and analytics:
- Why do data science and analytics seem to be making great progress in so many industries aside from the law?
- How will AI and analytics be incorporated in the day to day life of a lawyer?
- What about the fear that AI and analytics will replace lawyers, is this true?
- What about the potential for AI and machine learning to be more limited in the law than they are for other industries, is that true?
- What’s the hardest part about applying data science to the law and how would this work for a corporate legal department?
In conclusion, our speakers share three top takeaways and preview the next episode.
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, click here.