In the second episode of season seven, co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell kick off the show with Sightings of Radical Brilliance. In this episode, they review a recent NY Times article written by Brian Chen that focuses on the tech that will invade our lives in 2021.
Next, they bring on Julie Johnson of Align who answers the following questions around innovation in legal operations:
- How has Covid impacted legal departments and budgets in general?
- Why did this bring about the need to focus on innovation and automation?
- What are some of the newer innovations/solutions you are seeing your fellow legal operations peers adopt?
- What recommendations would you share with those looking to adopt technology and drive efficiency?
- What advice would you give to other women in the ediscovery industry looking to move their careers forward?
Our co-hosts wrap up the episode with a few key takeaways. If you enjoyed the show, learn more about our speakers and subscribe on the podcast homepage, rate us on Apple and Stitcher, and join in the conversation on Twitter.
- Blog Post: Automation of In-House Legal Tasks: How and Where to Begin
- Blog Post: Automating Legal Operations - A DIY Model
- Podcast: Legal Operations 101: Skills for Success
- Blog Post: Managing Your (Legal Ops) Budget with Five Simple Tips
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, visit the podcast homepage.