In the final episode of the season, co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell review a New Yorker piece by Kyle Chayka about the beauty and uncanniness of AI-created images delivered by the Twitter handle @images_ai.
The co-hosts then bring on Thora Johnson of Orrick for a riveting discussion about the rise in wearable devices and the personal data they’re collecting. They discuss the fascinating innovation in health-related technology and apps and the significant data compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity issues that are accompanying it. Some key questions from their conversation include:
- Beyond the more well-known wearable devices and health-related apps, what others are out there and what types of data are they collecting?
- The proliferation of data these devices and apps are generating have created a unique set of intersecting compliance, security, and privacy challenges—what are some of the most critical to understand?
- How can teams mitigate the risk of a cyber breach? And in the event it does happen, what are best practices in terms of responding to a breach?
- What should attorneys and legal teams know about the FTC’s recent announcement that it plans to “vigorously” enforce its 2009 Health Breach Notification rule?
- What regulatory issues related to apps collecting genetic information that people should be aware of?
The season ends with key takeaways from the guest speaker section. If you enjoyed the show, learn more about our speakers and subscribe on the podcast homepage, rate us on Apple and Stitcher, and join in the conversation on Twitter.
- Blog Post: AI and Analytics: New Ways to Guard Personal Information
- Blog Post: Cybersecurity Defense: Biden Administration Executive Order a Great Start Towards a More Robust National Framework
- Podcast: Reducing Cybersecurity Burdens with a Customized Data Breach Workflow
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/images_ai
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, visit the podcast homepage