In the very first episode of season six, co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell, introduce themselves and welcome listeners back for another season of Law & Candor, the podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution.
To kick things off, Bill and Rob begin with Sightings of Radical Brilliance, the part of the show where they discuss the latest news of noteworthy innovation and acts of sheer genius. In this episode, they dive into a recent article from ITPro.com that discusses the increase in insider data breaches with the remote work shift.
For the guest speaker segment of the show, Bill and Rob bring on Jerry Bui of Lighthouse to discuss cellular 5G and how it could lead to more fraud and misconduct risk via the following key questions:
- How does 5G lead to fraud and misconduct?
- What insider threats are there (i.e. shadow IT, encrypted messages, etc.)?
- What about outsider threats (i.e. outside of IT’s purview, data breaches, hacking, etc.)?
- How does this impact compliance programs?
- How does one overcome 5G challenges?
- Are there other recommended best practices related to this topic?
The episode wraps up with key takeaways. If you enjoyed the show, subscribe here, rate us on Apple and Stitcher, join in the conversation on Twitter, and discover more about our speakers and the show here.
- Blog Post: Adopting a Compliant & Defensible Remote Collections Strategy
- Blog Post: Prevent IP Theft During a COVID RIF - Don’t Let Your Trade Secrets Depart with Employees
- Podcast Episode: Data Preservation in the World of Ephemeral Data, Mobile Devices, and Other New Challenges in Forensic Technology
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, click here.