Diversity and eDiscovery: How Diverse Hiring Practices Lead to a More Innovative Workforce
In the very first episode of season seven, co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell, introduce themselves and welcome listeners back for another riveting season of Law & Candor, the podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. They note that in celebration of Women’s History Month (March), season seven will feature an all-female guest speaker lineup exploring industry hot topics, as well as key tactics for championing the career growth of females within the space.
To kick things off, Bill and Rob begin with Sightings of Radical Brilliance, the part of the show highlighting the latest news of noteworthy innovation and acts of sheer genius. In this episode, they dive into a recent article written by Ayang Macdonald for BiometricUpdate.com that discusses Aratek’s new biometric finger scanner with enhanced security. Bill and Rob discuss this new fingerprint scanning technology and what it (and other tech like it) could mean for the future of the legal space.
For the guest speaker segment of the show, Bill and Rob bring on Stacy Ybarra of Lighthouse to discuss diversity in ediscovery and how diverse hiring practices can lead to a more innovative workforce via the following questions:
- How does diversity feed innovation in ediscovery?
- What are some of the key ways diversity impacts organizations directly?
- How does leading with empathy and inclusion make an impact?
- What are some best practices for those looking to champion diversity within their organization and the industry through employee resource groups?
- What advice would you give to other women in the ediscovery industry looking to move their careers forward?
Our co-hosts wrap up the episode with a few key takeaways. If you enjoyed the show, learn more about our speakers and subscribe on the podcast homepage, rate us on Apple and Stitcher, and join in the conversation on Twitter.
- Blog Post: The Fearless 5: Spotlighting 5 Women Who “Choose to Challenge” Gender Bias in the Legal and Tech Fields
- Blog Post: Featured Females of International Women's Day 2020
- Blog Post: Featured Females of International Women's Day 2019
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, visit the podcast homepage.