In the very first episode of season two, co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell, introduce themselves and welcome listeners back for another riveting season of Law & Candor, the podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution.
To kick things off, Bill and Rob begin with, Sightings of Radical Brilliance, the part of the show where they discuss the latest news of noteworthy innovation and acts of sheer genius. In this first episode, they dive into a recent story around how legal technology helped capture the BTK killer and recap the key legal mistakes of this notorious serial killer.
In the guest speaker segment of the show, our co-hosts were joined by Craig Shaver, Director, eDiscovery Program, Hilton Worldwide, who helped them uncover the answers to the following questions around cross-departmental collaboration:
- What are the current challenges in play when IT and Legal are out of sync?
- Why is it critical for these two groups to be in sync?
- What are some of the risks of these groups being out of alignment?
- Who is the best person to lead the effort of aligning Legal and IT?
- Are there other departments within an organization that need to be at the table as well?
- What are the greatest challenges you’ve seen in achieving better alignment?
- What are some new ways these two groups can ensure they are in alignment?
- What are the benefits to an organization of this alignment?
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, click here.