Mapping Updates to Data Privacy Regulations Worldwide
Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell kick off this episode with another segment of Sightings of Radical Brilliance, where they discuss major privacy changes by Google and Apple in their mobile software.
Next, our hosts chat with Sarah Moran, eDiscovery Evangelist and Proposal Content Strategist at Lighthouse, about updates to privacy regulations in the U.S., Europe, and China. They also dive into the following key questions:
- How is the enforcement of GDPR impacting businesses?
- How has the UK’s departure from the EU impacted privacy compliance?
- With so many states pursuing their own privacy regulations, do we anticipate any movement on a federal level?
- Beyond the U.S. and Europe, what does the privacy landscape look like internationally?
Our co-hosts wrap up the episode with a few key takeaways. If you enjoyed the show, learn more about our speakers and subscribe on the podcast homepage, rate us wherever you get your podcasts, and join in the conversation on Twitter.
- Blog post: 2021 Data Privacy Overview: New Regulations and Guidance
- Blog post: Navigating the Intersections of Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Privacy
- Blog post: The Impact of Schrems II & Key Considerations for Companies Using M365: The Cloud Environment
- Article: Google Plans Privacy Changes, but Promises to Not Be Disruptive
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, visit the podcast homepage.