Kicking off season 9 of Law & Candor, co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell, welcome listeners back for a celebration of Women’s History Month. Each guest this season is a woman breaking bias, advancing technology, and championing inclusion in the legal and technology industries.
First, they dive into Sightings of Radical Brilliance, discussing a Harvard Business Review article about being a better ally in a remote workplace.
Bill and Rob are then joined by Kelly McGill, Chief People Officer at Lighthouse, to chat about the value of mentorship, what a good mentorship program looks like in a virtual or hybrid work environment, and how to create a more inclusive culture. Some key questions they explore, include:
- Why is mentorship so powerful?
- What should people seek in a mentor and what makes a good mentee?
- What are best practices for mentoring in a virtual environment?
- How does mentorship contribute to more inclusive cultures?
Our co-hosts wrap up the episode with advice for amplifying other women’s voices and key takeaways. If you enjoyed the show, learn more about our speakers and subscribe on the podcast homepage, listen and rate the show wherever you get your podcasts, and join in the conversation on Twitter.
- Blog post: Breaking the Bias: Strategies from Top Women Leaders in Legal Technology
- Blog post: Charting the Path to Progress: A Conversation with Economic Forecaster Marci Rossell and Lighthouse CEO Brian McManus
- Podcast: Diversity and eDiscovery: How Diverse Hiring Practices Lead to a More Innovative Workforce
- Article: Managers, Here’s How to Be a Better Ally in the Remote Workplace
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, visit the podcast homepage.