In the very first episode of season eight, co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell introduce themselves and welcome listeners back for another riveting season of Law & Candor, the podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. They start off with some exciting news about Lighthouse and the recent acquisition of H5.
They then dive into Sightings of Radical Brilliance, the part of the show highlighting the latest news of noteworthy innovation and acts of sheer genius. In this episode, they discuss an article in the AP that investigates how AI-powered tech landed a man in jail with scant evidence. Bill and Rob discuss the case and the AI technology involved, and what questions this raises regarding scientifically validating AI and its use as evidence in criminal cases.
Bill and Rob are then joined by Amanda Jones of Lighthouse to discuss common challenges and pitfalls that can arise with modern language in ediscovery, and the interplay between AI and linguistics. Some key questions they explore, include:
- What is linguistic modeling?
- What are the critical challenges with modern language and ediscovery today?
- How is linguistics informing and impacting AI in ediscovery?
- What are best practices for implementing AI solutions and tools?
Our co-hosts wrap up the episode with a few key takeaways. If you enjoyed the show, learn more about our speakers and subscribe on the podcast homepage, rate us on Apple and Stitcher, and join in the conversation on Twitter.
- Blog Post: eDiscovery Meets the Millennial: The Evolving Impacts of Technology and How We Are Now Communicating in the Workplace
- Blog Post: Getting on the Same Page…of the Dictionary
- Blog Post: Mitigating eDiscovery Risk of Collaboration Tools
- YouTube: “Miss Amanda Jones” – The March Violets
About Law & Candor
Law & Candor is a podcast wholly devoted to pursuing the legal technology revolution. Co-hosts Bill Mariano and Rob Hellewell explore the impacts and possibilities that new technology is creating by streamlining workflows for ediscovery, compliance, and information governance. To learn more about the show and our speakers, visit the podcast homepage.